Reading Time: 4 minutes
What is Magento?
Magento is an incredibly popular eCommerce product used by the likes of the British Lung Foundation, HP, Seat and even Celtic Football Club! The software’s popularity across the eCommerce industry has been sparked by the platform’s highly customizable features and the ease of making changes. Whether you’re tech-savvy or new to website configuration this product could benefit you. Magento has been designed as an open-source technology, meaning you’re not limited to upgrades and new features provided by Magento’s development team. If there’s a feature that would benefit your company, there’s nothing stopping you from sourcing a developer to make this idea a reality.
Why choose Magento?
One of the biggest selling points of the software is the fact that when your business grows so does the platform! The scalability of the product required no upgrades or monetary investment. For example, companies with one product will be on the exact same platform as a company with hundreds of products/categories. The feature that we love here at itas is its ability to be integrated easily with other software products! Seamless integration can save you time and money which is especially important when orders start increasing. We will discuss the benefits of integrating Magneto and Sage 200 later on in this article.
Difference between Magento 1/2?
The long-anticipated Magneto 2 is finally here and I can happily say it was worth the wait! Here are some of my favorite improvements from the new version:
- Much quicker page transition for both the customers and the administrator. The new version now utilizes Varnish Cache, so common searches are now stored within the cache speeding up index searches and getting your customers to the products faster! Full-page caching is also now enabled, this has resulted in a reduced load on the server. This can come in very handy when website traffic is high.
- The back end of the platform has a much cleaner and more modern style view. Admins that have upgraded from Magento 1 will notice that the back end configurations are much easier to navigate through. This gives the administrator a much more user-friendly experience.
- Grid data can now be customized! Previously you would have needed to source a developer to create this for you, now it is included as a standard. Magento has listened to customer suggestions and acted on them to create a better experience for its users. Now when you’re configuring items you can change how you view it on the admin side. This feature is user-specific so each user can customize it to meet their individual needs.
- You will also find that the reporting feature is much more detailed and useful. This should help users identify trends and areas of improvement.
- Magento 2 is also much more user-friendly when it comes to updating the software. Not only will the platform take you through step by step how to update to the latest version, but it will also back up the data prior to an update just in case anything was to go wrong your data would be safe! Overall the process is smoother and tends to have fewer issues.
For more details on the difference between the two versions please visit: Magento 1 vs Magento 2
How does Magento integrate with sage 200
The integration between Magento and Sage 200 can truly revolutionize and streamline your processes. Included features when integrating Sage 200 with Magento:
- Details from generated sales orders in Magneto will pull through directly to Sage
- Stock levels can be managed within sage and will be automatically updated when sales are made in Magento
- Payment and delivery details will be automatically populated in Sage 200 orders
- Real-time alerts can be set up when certain items/volumes are ordered
Benefits of the Sage 200 & Magento integration
- Speed up fulfilment times
- Remove human error
- Reduced manual data entry
- Drive better customer experience
Tools used to integrate?
Here at itas, one of our favorite tools for integrating different software is IMAN. Building data exchanges between different platforms can be quite costly in terms of development. However, IMAN provides a code-free data exchange so it is much cheaper! The software has been designed with the intention to be both easy to install and easy to use. For more information on IMAN feel free to visit our IMAN Overview.
The original Magento platform has taken the market by storm and it looks like their update is set to do the same! If your business is looking to upgrade to a new e-commerce platform, you should definitely consider Magento 2. For any more information please feel free to get in touch! We are more than happy to help.
Ryan is one of consultants that specialises in both Sage 200 and Sage CRM. Ryan takes pride in his work and enjoys getting stuck into difficult challenges! When he’s not in work Ryan enjoys following a healthy lifestyle, whether that’s going to the gym or taking his dog Chewy on long walks.